Monday, June 8, 2009

Tisha is working???!!!

Hola people! I use to have more time to relax and spend it with my soulmate. Lady of leisure.... Love being that! (cuma keja during weekend bila ada event... It was good money but income was never fixed! :P)

After 6 - 7 successful interviews (antara companies nyer TM Point, Marcus Evans, 2 events company which I can recall the name, 1 employment agency...), I decided to take the job as Senior Executive in WGC2012 under MGA which is funded by PETRONAS.(pelik kan nama company nie... walaupun aneh, nama company tue memang wujud!!!) This company is mainly for the upcoming event that is going to be held in June 2012! (Well... It's no typo error!! Year 2012!!!! Mesti bermain difikiran... apsal awal sangat dah buat plans??? I did ask the same thing but I guess there is so much to do prior to the event).... It offers the best package among all even though the company was establish just to handle an event in year 2012! - "World Gas Conference 2012". I remember getting phone calls from those other companies telling me that I am offered a position in their company and at the end of the conversation I simply turn them down... Due to some reasons.... (pasal gaji and also the benefits! :P baik keja freelance and get paid more! that is what i thought... beto selalu cakap, kalau lah pergi interview dapat duit, mesti you can make money out of it!)
It has been a couple days since I started working for WGC2012. It is located at the heart of golden triangle... the heart of traffic jam! :p I have to wake up early and leave the house by 7 if I want to be in the office at 8, that is if Beto send me to work, if I take the lrt, I have to be at the lrt station by 6.50 latest... so that I can be "in" the train by 7...(kalau tak, jadi sardine!)
I have my own work station.... am all alone... (some privacy... but sebelah kiri i adalah one director) but i got my own cubicle... yet to decorate it.... (pinky stuff on the way people! Beto bought me some pink stuff and so do mom. syarinaz too! ) As usual I have a picture of me and my soulmate glued to a corner of desktop. (My inspiration)

Work is piling up since the day I came. I have to engaged a DMC (Destination Management Company) by February 2010.... (Crazy kan?? 6-7 months from today?? Why now???) The process of engaging one DMC is not as easy as ABC or 123 or DoReMi!!! It was easier before cause the approval comes from one superior as for WGC2012, we have to do "beauty parade" ( beauty parade bukan ala-ala beauty pageant ok?? but is where the companies comes and sell thier company and we will have to evaluate), once that is done, We have develop a contracting strategy, then we have to shortlist the DMC and present it to the TC (Team Commitee).... well.... the process goes on! (I just hope I have all the time to go to every process they want me to do... Insya Allah I can!) That's my core work, on the sides, I have to plan activities that is assigned to me... Just did Birthday Bash and this evening ada Cooking Competition with Chef Muluk.... (believe it or not I sama group with the President of IGU!!! Datuk Rahim. Nervous ni wei! :P) Oh yeah... I am also handling some part for the event which is going to be held in Sutera Harbour this Oct... 5th APCE 2009! (Dulu masa keja kat CFC Seymour ada masa nak jalan-jalan.... relax-relax.... skang?? adalah time tapi less lah... but it's ok! I am taking up the challenge...)

I have to mention here that since I start work here, I have been eating in hotels... either for food testing or for functions. I have been to Saujana, Nikko, Westin and Le Meridien!

Hrmmm... I miss hanging out at night with friends specially Syarinaz, leparking till late morning...(bukan late morning dah but morning habis!!) with Beto, Kye, Cici, Joe, Fikh, Riz, Azhan.... miss getting up late... miss the time I use to have to just laze in the room watching dvds and reading a book... miss going to shopping mall during the day.... oh my... the list can go on... I guess this is my life for now.... (Ya Allah, murahkan rezeki Beto agar saya dapat duduk di rumah dan menemani nyer setiap masa!! hahaha... and I get more time to bake cookies and cupcakes and sell them! :P .... tapi keja pun best jugak... hrmmm... undecided! :P)

Back to work Tisha!!! You have tons of work....

-@ pinkbyarcht @-

2 comments:

  1. wah! kak tisha mcm sama jek..
    kak tisha coordinate event... & me Currently is trainng & event coordinator.. weeee
    i loikeee ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are currently in training? Training to become an event coordinator? GREAT!! Good luck! It will definitely be a fun journey, if you like doing events! Event is something I LOVE doing! *Woots*

    ReplyDelete